1. Maribel 1 week ago

Dear Douglas, I think your post was interesting because you explained how the rent has been raised. A line that stood out to me was “in 2012 it ignited a housing crisis that’s made it difficult for many people, especially those in minimum wage or entry-level jobs” because it shows me tht Oakland isn’t how it used to be before when rent wasnt to high and everyone lived in their own homes. I agree with your point about the rent being too high because it was a good claim that the rent is too high nowadays, and that it’s not right. Thanks for writing and keep it up you did a good job and your paper was good.

2. Efraim Tril 2 weeks ago

Dear Douglas Ramos,

I feel a litte counfused about your post because that Oaklands rent hasnt doubled priced. “The rent in Oakland has doubled in price in the past 10 years!” This sentence stood up to me because prices didnt doubled because for that reason. The real reason they doubled because people in San francisco couldnt afford to pay for the rent so thats why people from San Francisco came here to Oakland and that is why the prices have doubled up. Also because people are expericing poverty too.