Armando Gonzalez

Hum 9

Ms. Portugal

12/19/2019

Less Gun Violence, Less Worries

Gun Violence is a very big problem, it has happened before, it is happening right now, and it will happen in the future. Gun Violence has been a huge problem for a long time and it will continue to happen. Can it be prevented? Having  a chance to stop it would be easier but will take a load of time. Gathering evidence may be a way to better understand it before taking such actions. Based on the research, Gun Violence has to end because there are still a large amount of deaths, but the rate of Gun Violence has dropped and there are programs that help reduce Gun Violence.

There has been large amounts of Homicides(murders)including suicides because of guns. Gun Violence is affecting people and it leads to stress and a lack of safety. For example, interviewing an 8 year old, Emily Hernadez, asking her about Gun Violence and sharing out her opinion, replying that “It’s bad having guns because someone can get killed.”

(Hernandez). Based on her answer and the fact that she is young, it is a big issue and can lead to people even young like her knowing about it which can affect their minds on how to think about society while growing up. Bringing up about deaths, an example is in the article titled “The Toll of Gun Violence in America…” By “Zion, Gun Violence advocate”, published in February 1, 2019, discusses about Suicides caused by Gun Violence. The author states that, “More than 22,000 Americans die of firearm suicide every year, leaving countless Americans to grieve the death of their loved ones.”(Zion). Not only does this affect the people but it is also taking the lives of “loved ones” which can lead to depression and more suicides. Gun Violence may be one of the big issues out there, but throughout time, Gun Violence is actually reducing.

Even though there is a large amount of deaths caused by Gun Violence, it has reduced in Oakland meaning that there is a higher chance of manipulating. One problem is possibly Gun Violence is being inherited. Interviewing Carlos Gonzalez, a 50 year old, I asked him what he thought about Gun Violence, and he replied, “I think that using firearms is the worst thing that someone can do and it is a bad example and that’s how it is passed on.”(Gonzalez). It can cause to take more time to reduce more of Gun Violence issues and may also depend on maturity and age to actually understand the issue about Gun Violence. It is very true that young people can inherit it from their predecessors and will continue to spread but that’s not the occasion. Based on research, from and article titled, “Oakland is Slowly Solving America’s Rising Gun Violence Trend”, By Sanjana Karanth, published in June 4, 2019, talked about reducing Gun Violence and how people come together to try to put an end to Gun Violence. She discussed that “Oakland has cut it’s annual homicides and nonfatal shootings by nearly half since 2012.”(Karanth). This reveals an optimistic bay area because if we are able to preclude this situation then Oakland will be a better and safer area and city. Not only that but as Carlos Gonzalez said about being passed on, that can change in the future.

Knowing that Gun Violence causes deaths, is actually reducing, and there are programs that are here to help lower the Gun Violence rates. It is important to actually realize the effect that Gun Violence is causing and by that I mean about people don’t think it through about what they are putting themselves in and same for innocent people because those who have firearms have the innocent experience trauma and that is what also impacts the society based on what they’ve been through with firearms. Based on an interview with Juan Mendoza, a 72 year old, I asked “What should people do in order to stop Gun Violence?”, He replied, “People can talk about it and be more mature enough to think it through so that they won’t be involved in any dangerous situation.”(Mendoza). Actually knowing that people should congregate and come up with an understanding to not allow others to put themselves into firearms sounds like a well organized plan. In research, article titled “Strategies for Reducing Violence in American Cities…”By the National Urban League and Mayors, published in June 16, 2016, Talks about Programs that people are starting and running to prevent Gun Violence such as Homicides and Suicides. It discussed that “Everytown for Gun Safety is the largest gun Violence prevention organization in the country with more than three million supporters and more than 100,000 donors, including moms, mayors, survivors, and everyday Americans, who are fighting for public safety measures”(NUL and Mayors) In other words, the program has a highly number support meaning that it is a perfect amount to help reduce more of Gun violence. People want to stop Gun Violence issues and procure by talking to people that seem involved in issues and help discuss their problems about their experiences about Gun Violence. If the donors begin to increase, the better amount of proponents, the prevention and the drop of Gun Violence rates. As time goes by, there will be less deaths of people who have issues with Gun Violence.

In conclusion, Based on research, there are ways to prevent Gun Violence because of the deaths, the fact that it is reducing over time, and that there are several advocates and programs that reduce Gun Violence. There has been a plethora of deaths over the years caused by Gun Violence which include Homicides, Suicides, Murders and more. Although there has been deaths, it is reducing by a large amount since 2012. There are sets of support from programs that are here to help reduce the rate of Gun Violence crimes. If there was no prevention programs for Gun Violence, the world would be an anarchy.

Annotated Bibliography

Gonzalez, Carlos. “Gun Violence in Oakland Interview.” 27 Nov. 2019.

This interview talked about the impact that Gun Violence is causing that is making the rate of people who participate in Gun Violence increase. Carlos discussed that while people use firearms, they will end up showing the young ones and that is how the rate of Gun Violence actions will increase. This interview is credible based on the fact that the interview happened on November 27, 2019 and how Carlos explained that Gun Violence is increasing by spreading the word about Gun Violence to young people.

Hernandez, Emily. “Gun Violence in Oakland Interview.” 30 Nov. 2019.

This interview talked about the fact that Gun Violence is dangerous. Also that Emily discussed about the fact that people don’t think it through and how they are continuing to endanger innocent people and are hurting them. This source is credible based on the reasons that Emily has given me about the fact that Gun Violence is dangerous and also knowing from a young person on how they would think and even know about those situations that happen every day, hour, and minute. This interview was taken on November 30, 2019.

Mendoza, Juan. “Gun Violence in Oakland Interview.” 30 Nov. 2019.

This interview talked about how Gun Violence can be prevented. This also discussed how people can come to a consensus to stop the issue of Gun Violence. This is credible because of the fact that this person actually said some useful evidence and was on point with the organizations and programs that people are coming up with to reduce the rate of Gun Violence issues which involve homicides, suicides, murders and more. This interview happened on November 30, 2019. 

Zion. “The Toll of Gun Violence in America…” The Toll of Gun Violence in America…, 1 Feb. 2019, .org.

This article discusses about the pandemics of Gun Violence in America. Also, it discusses mostly about suicides in different countries and compare them. This is a credible source not only because of the statistics, but explains to going further into the world and looking for clues on how to prevent this issue with Gun Violence. This article was published on February 1st, 2019.

Karanth, Sanjana. “Oakland Is Slowly Solving America’s Rising Gun Violence Trend.” Oakland Is Slowly Solving America’s Rising Gun Violence Trend, 4 June 2019, .com.

This article talks about how to reduce more of Oakland’s main issue of Gun Violence and as time goes by, the rate of Oakland’s Gun Violence was reduced by so much throughout time but is still increasing  and so is the organizations. Another fact is that the people are here to help discuss about why Gun Violence is increasing. This source is credible based on the statistics and evidence of how Gun Violence was reduced. This was published on June 4, 2019.

And Mayors, National Urban League. “Strategies for Reducing Violence in American Cities…” Strategies for Reducing Violence in American Cities…, 16 June 2016, .org.

This article talks about specific programs that are helping reduce Gun Violence. It also discusses about the advocacy that the people are bringing which means that the people are questioning those who use firearms and giving questions about why they decided to use firearms. This is a credible source because it also includes statistics about the people who are helping reduce the rate of Gun Violence. This article was published on June 6, 2016.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Less Gun Violence, less worries by Armando is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Cesar 2 weeks ago

Dear Armando,

I think your post was very inspiring because you are talking about how gun violence is a big proble that has been here for a long time. A line that stood out to me was “Gun Violence is a very big problem, it has happened before, it is happening right now, and it will happen in the future.(Gonzales)” and I can add that we can change that if we take more actions bout who is eligable for having weapons or if weapons should still be aloud.Thanks for writting, keeep it up, you are inspiring.

Greatfully, Cesar Sanchez.

Armando 3 days ago

Dear Cesar, thank you for your support and also it really important to me that i am getting good feedback which who wouldnt. Also the fact that you said that i am inspiring, I will work on that and get more academic because writing isnt my thing but in order to become a really good writer, i and everyone else is going to need our teachers feedback, support and tools in order to become highly educated people. And again thank you for your support, it really helps.

2. Victor 3 weeks ago

Dear, Armando

I feel satisfied about your topic ” less gun less worries “. one scentence that stood out to me was ” Also, it discusses mostly about suicides in different countries and compare them.” tis scentence stood out to me becuse I dont understand how does suicides relates to gun violence. how ever I dissagree with the pharagraph that has this scentence because it does not make scence to me. but your other pharagraps were exelent so keep working hard.
    scincerly, Victor Gonzalez.

Armando 3 days ago

Dear Victor, thank you for your support and positivity. I really like how you agree with my post about gun violence because gun violence is a really big issue in the whole world especially the united states. Also that suicides cause by firearms is a really critical fact and hopefully in the future i will write more about it and try to ave people think about it if i can.

Armando 3 days ago

and also thank you for your support.