My name is Sam, I am a senior at Judge Memorial Catholic High School, and I am a part of the new media team. Being a journalist, I enjoy writing about mostly sports, but I also like to enjoy topics that are popular in the community around me. The reason I decided to become a journalist was really because I needed another art credit to graduate, but I also enjoy writing and would consider it a hobby of mine. 

A couple skills that come to mind when I think about what I’m good at would be athletics, I play football, baseball, and basketball. I think that playing these sports allows me to use my knowledge of these games to better my writing when it comes to reporting about sports related topics, such as the report I’m currently working on about Kaden Elliss, our school’s first alumni to be drafted into the NFL.

The one burning question I have that keeps me up at night would be, “how could the refs of the 2014 NFC championship game not call Dez Bryant’s catch what is was, a catch?” I really think that’s the only thing that kept the Cowboys from winning a Super Bowl that year. 

If I could interview one person about anything, it would be The Most Interesting Man in the World, from the Dos Equis commercials, because no matter what I ask, he would have the most interesting answer in the world. I hope that in the near future I will be able to report about sporting events within the my school and around the local community. 

CC BY-SA 4.0 Journalist Bio by Sam is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.