1. Emily 3 days ago

Dear Ivan
    I think your post was great because you talked about the problems people are facing in oakland . A line that stood out to me was “Secondly, because of the increased rent due to gentrification Oakland residents are experiencing more stress.” because it’s true they have to worry about where they are moving and stress is being created.I agree with your point about gentrification because this is a huge problem happening right now in oakland. Thanks for writing keep it up

2. Hannah 1 week ago

Hey Ivan! Wow what an amazing and informative article. I actually had never heard of the term gentrification in my life before reading your piece. You did a really excellent job at citing your sources in the text so it was easy to refer to what interview you were talking about in your bibliography. Getting to hear the real stories from people affected by gentrification helped me to better understand the definition of the word and the reasoning behind your article. It may be beneficial to include a counter to your argument as to the positive impacts of gentrification to show that you are seeing both sides of the story and to avoid bias. A great article for that would be https://publicpolicy.wharton.upenn.edu/live/news/1581-impacts-of-gentrification-a-policy-primer/for-students/blog/news.php as it talks about the benefits and the downfalls of gentrification. Overall this is an amazing piece to read and a topic that I believe should be brought into the spotlight a little more. Thank you! Keep up the amazing work!

3. Natalie Risse 1 week ago

Hi Ivan! I really liked this article about such an important topic. I liked your quote “This individual is experiencing having to move due to gentrification, showing that it’s impossible for him to flee from his problems.” The interviews you referenced really strengthened your argument. This link might be good to check out http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.579.8588&rep=rep1&type=pdf . Gentrification does suck, thanks for making such a great article to showcase that. 🙂