A couple days ago, I came across an article about climate change and specifically about how students and young people are going about the issue. The annotations I made on this article serve to highlight some of the main arguments the author makes with regards to the environmental problems the planet is faced with.

The author quite clearly identifies the problem from the outset of the article; climate change and the lack of action that is taking place. The author then proceeds to explain the issue from the political and legislative spectrum, making the argument that inaction from the government is leading young people to become more politically involved. Some of the examples she includes are Greta Thunberg and her inspirational work and dedication to the environmental cause. Other examples include peaceful protests and pressure from American youth on legislations across the nation to pass the Green New Deal.

The author points and alludes to these political plans to perhaps help alleviate the environmental strain but there is not a clear discussion of other viable solutions nor is there arguments of opposition regarding the enthusiasm of these young protesters.

I think it is important to bring issues like the one mentioned in this article to policymakers as this is the most effective way to properly attempt to reverse the damage done to the planet or at least prevent further harm. Governmental institutions are deeply ingrained into ll aspects of societies around the world, and in order for plans and laws to actually be enforced it is necessary to bring these issues to our policymakers and demand change rather than only trying to achieve it on our own. While other solutions like being more aware and responsible about the contents of the products we purchase is also an important step towards a better environment, ensuring that policy also backs up these efforts is imperative.