Most outstanding schools pride themselves on the strength of their curriculum and their structured system of education. But in this article by Redmond Wash, we are given a new perspective on education that allows us to approach the future even more prepared.

Wash brings up the addition of vocational training to the current curriculum. He points that despite the fact that AP Classes for a long time have been the way to postsecondary success, we still can still alter the school system in a way to benefit high schoolers a bit more. AP classes provide a rigorous learning environment that exposes students to college classes in high school. Although they are a wonderful tool, Wash claims that most of the time some of these students lack the communication, critical thinking and collaboration skills they need. He used the studies from Denise Pope to point out some of the weaknesses of current school systems.

Wash claims that in order to prepare kids better for college, vocational studies provide a curriculum that involves hands on learning regarding the students future careers. So if students are exposed to their careers from high school, they will be better prepared for what they encounter in college.

1. Eric 7 months ago

I agree with everything you have said, Gideon. I believe vocational training is essential in increasing the quality of life for blue-collar workers.

2. Casey 8 months ago

Gedeon, I really like the way you put this post together it is very well organized and gives a detailed explanation to a uncommon idea. If I could recommend something, it would be to include your opinion and why. With that said, you did a very great job!