Every human, born or unborn, has the respect and dignity to life. The UN released a list of basic human rights. The first is life. No human’s life should be taken voulentarily at the hands of another. “Abortion is murder,” as some people call it. I am a strong believer that that is correct, Many Pro-Choice activists say that abortion is a right, and a woman should do what she wants with her body. Well, everyone should do what they want with their body. I can inject drugs into my body, it’s not good for it but I can anyways legally or not. 

People will argue, what if the woman is raped and cannot afford to have a baby. When the uterus is forcefully obstructed, it causes damage to the whole vagina. This results in a lower fertility rate. Only 5% of rape victims actually result in a positive pregnancy. A case study in U.S showed that out of 45 cases, 41% of those cases were false rape alligations. To take the rarest form of pregnancy and majorize it as the main reason for a woman to get an abortion is wrong. And if someone reports of rape resulting in a pregnancy and they’re lying because of fear of gettin in trouble is also so wrong. Then there’s the other circumstance where what if contraceptive doesn’t work and the female becomes pregnant? They can’t afford a child, and the social pressures of having a child, maybe at a young age are unbearable. I get that. I know many women who took on the challenge and still had the child anyways. My mother is one of those women. 

When engaging in sex, even the slightest possibility of getting pregnant is still prevelant. If you want to avoid the risk of pregnancy at all costs, refrain from sex until marriage or until you’re in a comfortable position where if you do become pregnant, you can have a child. Many people also use the excuse that a fetus isn’t actually a baby. And a baby isn’t a life until it is out of the womb or after 28 weeks. My neice was born at 26 weeks and her life isn’t any more valuable than mine or yours. Princeton University, an Ivy league school with some of the smartest students, released an article saying that backed by science, life begins at conception

DISCLAIMER: Before I get many comments about this, I want to make it very clear that yes, under extrenuating circumstances if the baby is a threat to its mother or the child will not survive past a certain amount of weeks then terminating the pregnancy is justified. If a woman is actually raped, a rape test kit should be performed, and if she does not want the kid, then yes. I believe that having abortion legal just because a woman ended up pregnant from not using protection or other reasons, is utterly wrong. That baby is no more of a human than we are. It doens’t matter if it can or can not feel emotions or senses at a certain age, it is still a potential life that should be respected and dignified. 

1. Olivia 5 months ago

Hi Amber,
    I’m confused about how you call yourself “pro life” if you are okay with abortion under “certain circumstances.” That completely undermines your whole argument. You used good evidence, but you can’t be pro-life and be okay with abortion in certain situations.

Amber 2 months ago

I can because I don’t need my beliefs to be defined by you. Thank you

2. Maggie 6 months ago

I agree with you that abortion is wrong and I like how you used credible sources.

3. Tiffany 6 months ago

I think you did a good job explaining your opinion, as well as justifying it. I like how you added credible sources, as well as facts, which made the article that much more justifiable.
    I do disagree that abortion is murder, but I support your decision and completely understand where you are coming from.