The thing about the tok is that once you start, there’s no going back. You tell yourself that you’ll go on tik tok for a couple of minutes, but 5 hours later you’re still scrolling and Tik Tok tells you to take a break. I am one of these unfortunate souls that were caught in the Tik Tok trap.

CC BY-SA 4.0 AYO! Tik Tok Check! by Sophie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Synae Fielder 1 month ago

Funny because it’s true. The Tik tok trap is real. Especially late nights when you say just one more and then you look at the time after watching 100plus videos and its 4:47 in the morning.

• Samuel 1 month ago

Sophie,

Unlike Synae, I am an old “fart”. I do not understand the appeal of Tik Tok.

Last week in my students at the U School had an interesting conversation about how Lil Nax X leveraged Tik Tok and a catchy trap-country music beat to fame.

I will leave Tik Tok to the younger generation. I am trying to control my social media diet in general and don’t trust Old School Facebook or Twitter 🙂