There are obviously pros and cons to everything. For standardized tests like the ACT and the SAT, it is hard to see pros to them, but believe it or not, there are. The pros to standardized tests are it helps college know how well you can handle test anxiety. It can also help teachers know where their classes are so they can tweak their lesson plans if needed. 

The cons of standardized are it can create competition within the school for something that doesn’t test creativity or street smarts. Another con is it creates stress and not just for students, but for teachers as well. That is because they need to teach according to the test so their students perform well.   

There is now a new announcement that the ACT announced that you can retake specific sections of the ACT. So now if you need to just improve your science score then you can just sign up and pay for the science section, instead of retaking the whole 4-hour test. This will be beneficial for people who have test anxiety or are student-athletes and don’t have enough time to study for the whole test.

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Pros and Cons of the ACT/SAT by Kayla is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.