Greta Thunberg is a sixteen year old activist fighting for climate change. Recently, a few months ago, CNN released a video of her getting angry due to the fact that world leaders were not doing anything to make climate change occur at the UN General Assembly. Greta speaks her mind of how mass extinction is occuring due to global warming.  Greta came to resent Trump because of his mocking comment in his Twitter bio: “She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. It’s so nice to see!” (Stracqualursi, 2019). https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/24/politics/trump-greta-thunberg-climate-change-trnd/index.html

Recently, Greta held and attended a press conference in Madrid, Spain to inspire talks on making a worldly difference. She is diligently working to fight for climate change through school strikes, whilst hundreds of other countries and school strikes are joining the fight for a good cause. But, even the school strikes nor countries’ protests have made much difference as the government has taken action of is because she believes the government is silencing her and other activists. Greta has aspirations that she can convince the government to take action through the COP25: “I sincerely hope COP25 will reach something concrete and increase awareness among people, and that world leaders and people in power grasp the urgency of the climate crisis, because right now it does not seem that they are,” she said” (Harvey, 2019). https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/dec/06/greta-thunberg-says-school-strikes-have-achieved-nothing

In conclusion, Greta hopes that gas emissions can be reduced by the government taking notice and action of it. As a result, she has made a mark on young girls through her concept of ecofeminism through her movement Fridays for Future. It assists girls to become eco-warriors due to The Greta Effect: “Ecofeminism—a branch of feminism that sees environmentalism and the relationship between women and the earth, as interlinked—is not new. What is new is that girls are taking actions much earlier on, in their early teenage years” (Chiu, 2019). For example, it first derived in Kazakhstan when a group of girls came up with the app TECO, an app for girls to address real-world problems such as air pollution. Overall, this shows that girls can conquer the world, just as Greta did, even if they fear change.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bonniechiu/2019/09/19/the-greta-thunberg-effect-the-rise-of-girl-eco-warriors/#5e6885c5407f

CC BY-SA 4.0 Mission: Save Planet Earth with Greta Thunberg by Aria is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.