Global warming is the warming of the atmosphere, mainly caused by the excess of CO_2.  This is caused by humans when we burn fuel or cause pollution. This raises the temperature of the oceans and causes the coral and fish to die.  A large portion of sea life relies on a consistent environment to live. This is a problem because the oceans are a major source of oxygen and the oxygen is made by the organisms that live in the ocean.

Many people don’t realize that the ocean provides 80% of the worlds oxygen. “Vehicles, power generation, building heating systems, and agricultural/waste incineration” are a major contributor to air pollution which impairs the oceans ability to be a habitat for all the organisms that live in it.  This means that when we pollute, we not only decrease the air quality, but we are also slowly stopping the oceans production of oxygen.

The amount of lives lost to air pollution exceeds over 4 million per year which could potentially increase as the air gets dirtier. The only way to clean the air is to pollute less and not get in the way of nature, which may be impossible, but it’s the only chance humans have to save the world.  A report published by the Lancet Commission on Pollution and Health claims that pollution “endangers the stability of the Earth’s support systems and threatens the continuing survival of human societies.”

CC BY-SA 4.0 Global Warming by James is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.