Climate Change, it is such a broad topic, yet it continues to be ignored by the majority of our planet’s population. Many people believe that what we are experiencing is normal and they are even calling it a hoax. Allow me to define Climate Change, it is when our planet gets substantially warmer in a short period of time which results in floods, droughts, intense rain and severe heat waves. Oceans are also affected as they are warming and become more acidic, glaciers are melting, and sea levels are rising. With all of these events we then see change in our society and none of our world leaders seem to be interested in changing it. 

Global warming has really taken effect in the world over the last fifty years. The reason for this being it’s rapid increase in the Earth’s average surface temperature over the past century primarily due to the greenhouse gases released as people burn fossil fuels. In today’s world, our atmosphere contains more greenhouse gas molecules than infrared rays which would be the cause of our planet getting warmer. It is frustrating especially as a young adult who is going to live through our planets next evolutionary phase and it is trending in being one where we may drive our own human race to extinction.

The part that annoys me most is when people say it is a hoax. We have the science to back it up, our planet is getting warmer and its outrageous that people don’t believe in Global Warming. As idiotic as many people are about this topic, I still hold optimism. Young people like Greta who are putting their voicing themselves to bring a stronger awareness to Climate Change. I believe we must all stand up especially as the next generation to save our planet and give future generations the same opportunities.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Climate Change by Anthony is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. James 1 month ago

Hey Antwon, I found your writing on climate change to be very informational and helpful for the general public. I agree that this is an issue that leads to erratic weather conditions and and record lows and highs in different areas. Its been happening in salt lake and not many people realize its because the jet stream is off due to the differential tempuratures