I watched a documentary about plastic garbage invading the ocean. I was thinking about what we can do to protect the ocean.

Many people think that marine protection has nothing to do with themselves, as if they don’t live close by the ocean, it only a news.

Pollution may be caused by ships; may be caused by offshore oil; may be caused by terrestrial factories. For example, the oil, after the oil enters the ocean, a large amount of dissolved oxygen in the ocean is absorbed by the oil. It covers the water surface, so that the ocean and the atmosphere Isolation, resulting in hypoxia in the ocean, leading to the death of marine life. The fish and shellfish live in the polluted ocean for a long time and accumulate certain harmful substances in their body. When they enter the market and are consumed by humans, they also threaten human health.

While on the beach, don’t forget to clean while enjoying. Throw personal garbage into the bin or take it with you; do not capture and harm marine animals without permission; do not touch coral reefs and other marine life while diving, do not touch or feed marine life without authorization; try to avoid buying marine life specimens and crafts.  Pay attention to marine clean-up public welfare activities and join the practice of public welfare clean-up.

Use less plastic bags when you are shopping; reduce the use of plastic products, and pay attention to plastic items recycling projects, resolutely resist the use of disposable plastic products, such as plastic bottles, plastic bags and plastic straws. Some environmentally friendly, recyclable alternative packaging products reduce the amount of plastic waste discharged into the ocean.

1. Mijin 8 months ago

Hello, Wuyou.
    I really agree with your statement that marine is ruined by plastic products or things from human activities. I also think that this leads to climate change and global warming. Humans ruin the nature, which means we can stop climate change or ruining the oceans. Here is an article that would help you add more information about human activities that have impact on the ocean besides plastic products: https://sciencing.com/human-activities-negative-impact-ocean-17206.html
    Thank you.

2. Timmy 8 months ago

Hello Wuyou,
    I enjoyed reading your post and agree that everyone needs to do their part in keeping our oceans clean no matter how far they live from the oceans. I think it’s important that everyone knows how to do their part and think you would enjoy this article https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/oceans/take-action/10-things-you-can-do-to-save-the-ocean/
    Sincerely, Timmy