In this world, women fight for what is best for them and their families. Some people think that women can’t do what a man can do and they are wrong. The 1920s were a good time for women because it was a roaring time for all women. At that time women did the same thing every day and women got tired from doing things and they started using different clothing, started to listen to different music. The most familiar symbol of the “Roaring Twenties” is probably the flapper: a young woman with bobbed hair and short skirts who drank smoked and said what might be termed “unladylike” things, in addition to being more sexually “free” than previous generations”.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Protest Sign by Luis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Dorothy 2 months ago

Hi Luis, I totally agree that women can do just as much as men. We are learning about the 1920s and reading The Great Gatsby in class right now, and I find flappers particularly interesting. They were really bold and brave to break out of the mold that society put them in, and do what they really wanted to do. I especially liked their choice of fashion, their short dresses and hair were really unique and fun. What did you find most interesting about flappers?