Dear Dee

Hello Dee or I should call you Wangero? Whatever.

I am writing this letter because I would like to know how you are doing. It has been a long time without knowing about you. Since mom passed away the last thing that I know about you is your address.

Well, there is a lot to tell you. I am married and I have started a program to learn to be a better reader and writer

At the beginning I was scared of people like mom said, but people are not bad… well some people. I feel like if mom was the one who made me or saw me like the scariest person in the world, and I understand her.

Sometimes the world could be rude and cruel for someone like me. However I do not feel resentment because my mom gave you great opportunities which I wish I could had. It feels strange and sad that mom tells us that she loves equal to both but she always treat both differently.

I remember when you came back I was excited because maybe you could help mom to understand that I could attend school, that people would not treat me differently just because my scars or convince her that I have to be brave in the eyes of society.

Sometimes I like to think that she loved me a lot and was trying to protect me but is healthier for me to think that she loves us according to what she thought was better.

However I would like to visit you one day and maybe have a cup of tea and talk about our lives. I almost forgot to tell you that I have always admired you.

Maggie

Image Free-Photos (Pixabay)

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Hardest Letter to Write by Abigail is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Aboubakar 1 day ago

Dear Abigail
    I am hurt by, your letter, “The hardest Letter to Write,” because of the things that you wrote about your mom. Yeah, sometimes we kind of having the exact feeling but it is not the truth.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “It feels strange and sad that mom tells us that she loves equal to both but she always treats both differently.” I think this is nervous because a mom always loves her children whatever happened. You may feel like she does not love both of you yus equally, but it just because you want her to give you the same thing as she gave to your sister. Sometimes you have to set and thing why mom gave this thing to my sister and not to me? Is that thing good for me?
    Another sentence that I past tense verb was: “Since mom passed away the last thing that I know about you is your address.” This stood out for me because this is not the behavior of a sister. I don’t appreciate it. One reason I say this is because after your mom passed away, you guys should stay together as a family and support each other and not run away from each other. Another reason I disagree with you is that your sister should not be hart by you. On the contrary, you should get closer to her lean from her in order to get the same equal love as your sister from your mom.
    Have you seen this book name: the neckless? https://photos.state.gov/libraries/hochiminh/646441/vantt/The%20necklace.pdf I thought you might be interested in this because of reading it.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next.

2. El-Hossin 4 days ago

Dear Abigail,

I am inspired by your letter because it is very powerful and efficient in solving the conflict between Maggie and Dee.

One paragraph that stands out for me, “However I would like to visit you one day and maybe have a cup of tea and talk about our lives. I almost forgot to tell you that I have always admired you.” I think these two lines are critical to your letter, because this key to solving the conflict between Dee and Maggie

Your letter reminds me of my friend that I have not seen for decades, is this even true?

Thanks for your letter. I look forward to seeing what you make next.

Bas Bas