From my perspective, Dee’s family are people who make fun of other people’s name. I love Dee, I want to be with her, I want her to be my mother of my kids. I remember one day when I went to visit her family for a diner. The house was too small, the windows were open and the wind was floating all over their tiny living room. The house was a little dark like a church surrounded by candles.

I was wondering if I was lost or not, because the way Dee described me her house was the opposite as it looks. I turned my back to leave when suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up and saw the women who gives me a reason to live. She was wearing a short red dress, her skin was like a brand new house that just got paint. She was standing right in front of me and I can register my feelings toward her. My eyes were fixing on her body like I was watching an angel coming down from the sky. She invited me inside where I was about to meet my family in law. I felt an impression that the family does not like me at all. I said “ Asalamalakim” to her sister and mother, but they did not respond me. The sister was so weird, and their mother was one of those women that does not know how to treat people equally. Time passed by, and we were all in an awkward silence until Dee spoke up by announcing our engagement. I felt guilty because I did not ask the family first.

The next day, Dee’s mother invited me to meet, so we can talk about the weeding process. She did not even remember my name. She was calling me Asalamalakim. I asked myself, “Is she making fun of me? Or is she selfish to not care about other people’s feelings? Was it necessary to make fun of people greetings?”

I did not know how I would deal with that lady once I married her daughter. As an educated person, I did not want to disrespect her. I keep my calm, enjoying the fancy lunch we were having. After all I was paying. All the conversation was about Dee and how her mother was giving me conditions in order to marry her daughter. All she wanted was my money, and how I am going to take care of her daughter. At one moment I realized that this family do not know the meaning of respect. First they were making fun of my name and now they want me to give them all I have.

Despite all that, I did not stop loving Dee, but I also can’t believe that they were just playing with me and my feelings. So I wanted them to know is that money cannot buy happiness, and if they want me back, they have to gain my respect. “Sorry Dee but love and respect can only go together. A relationship can not be based on lies.” So make your way and I will make mine. Goodbye Dee! I wish you luck with your new life.

image http://pixabay.com/en/users/BeyondTimelines

CC BY-SA 4.0 Success isn’t important but attitude is by Oumy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.