1. Rachael 17 hours ago

Good point. It makes sense that nothing gets done in the federal government because people are too polarized and therefore cannot work together to make decisions or fix things. I found a good article that describes a fundamental cause of political and social division creating a gridlock:
    https://time.com/5435825/divided-america-values-language-meaning/.

2. Emma 18 hours ago

Hi Cooper, I completely agree that general public should be have serious and progressive conversations about the major issues that are ripping our country apart even further. And may I add that we should be respectably listening to each others argument. To a certain extent, Mitchell is right that television loves to highlight politicians bickering, though it can also be said that how they address each others viewpoints does not help anything. It seems that people still base their views on irrational things, misconceptions or personnel pride. Everyone in the media seems too scared of being cancelled to share their opinions. I liked your article because it needs to be said. Hopefully as more people say things like this, then we will make progress.

3. Emmy 18 hours ago

Cooper,
    We actually talked about this in AP Gov today. It’s such an interesting division among the American people that has caused us to move into to different neighborhoods and even go to different coffee shops. The division among us has become so deep-rooted it’s almost subconscious to gravitate towards those who agree with you. I’d love to see you explore possible solutions of this issue, check out the Big Sort by Bill Bishop.

4. Peter 19 hours ago

Hey coop, great article. I like how to took more of a factual approach to the problem, rather than choosing to pick a political side. I think you would like this article by the New York Time that illustrates this problem. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/07/learning/why-is-it-important-for-people-with-different-political-beliefs-to-talk-to-each-other.html.
    Have a great day!

5. Mitchell 22 hours ago

Hello Cooper, I enjoyed your article and I found your points very relevant for the most part. However, I would like to challenge the idea that people stray away from discussing their views with people who disagree with them. I think it is the opposite. Think about the presidential debate, it is essentially a televised disagreement from the two top presidential candidates that is watched by millions. People love to argue and disagree. However, I agree with your statement that people should be much more open to an extent.

6. Charlie 3 days ago

Hey cooper, I really liked this article. I like how you talked about how bad the political diversification situation is getting in our country. Another article about this you might want to look at is this one here. https://freedomoutpost.com/examples-political-correctness-destroying-america/