I personally believe that class size does matter. On average there is a teacher to student ratio of 1:22 in the U.S.A.

My family sends me to private school because the teachers are more dedicated at their job and are able to give students as much one on one time as they need. Even though the school may be a little bit more pricey, the education, in my view, is worth the extra money. But I am not saying that the public schools don’t teach the students very well. What I am saying is that the public schools have 35-40 kids in each class, so the teachers have less time to answer the kids questions and can’t help one on one.

At my old school there were 129 students for 10 grade levels. My graduating 8th grade class had a total of 6 kids. This meant that my teachers could answer all of my questions. One problem with having a small class size is that you get a very small social life. I only had one other boy in my class for 5 years and when I went on to high school, because my class was 66% girls, I only knew how to make friends with girls. This was very bad for my start in high school. I only knew 5 people, and I had no classes with them, so getting used to high school and the large amount of kids was a tough change. 

After one month of going to Judge I had at least 15 friends.   Getting to know kids was one of the hardest parts. The one thing that we all need to keep in mind is that we’re not just going to school to meet new friends and have a good time but to learn something new. 

After the facts that I have presented above I still believe that a small class size is better for your education and it does matter.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Does Class Size Matter? by Riley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Alysa 18 hours ago

Riley,
    I think you would find this article interesting discussing more about class size. https://www.hmhco.com/blog/class-size-matters
    I agree with you that smaller class sizes are better because the dedication to a student one on one is important. I think you need to focus more on discussing the pros instead of focusing on the cons of public school. I also went to public school and I think that it is important to have more dedication especially if they are struggling. Public school teachers dedicate themselves to their students just as much as private school teachers- their are always good and bad teachers. At public school if the student catches onto things easily, they do not need the one on one education. I think, however, it is sometimes good to be in a big school because it gives you more drive to work harder because there are more students. Overall an interesting topic, but I think you need to add more, maybe some data.

-Alysa

2. Hanson 2 weeks ago

HI Reliey!
    I am very agree your opion that class size matter. Class size really matter for the education. If the class size is so big, there is certainly not enough time for teacher care every one. Here is a article I read about class size matter.https://www.hmhco.com/blog/class-size-matters
    Kind regards
    Hanson Hong

3. Gracie 2 weeks ago

Hello Riley,
    This is definitely an interesting take on the class size question, Many colleges are now asking the same questions. I agree a smaller class size is beneficial in an academic regard but I don’t agree with the small social life claim. Here is an article about the class size problem. https://www.wnyc.org/story/teachers-weighing-class-size-say-over-20-usually-too-big/

Thank you,
    Gracie