Gun control is controversial in plenty of nations, particularly in the United States. Before exploring more in-depth on the topic of gun control, we should quickly understand what the law of gun control is. Gun control refers to the law or policy that restricts the trade, possession, and use of guns. In the article, Gun Control in the U.S., it mentioned, “The gun-control debate in the United States also necessarily concerns the proper interpretation of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which reads, ‘A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed,’” the law guarantees that U.S. citizens have their right to have their own firearms in their own territories.

The contradiction in gun control is dramatic apparent, and people hold various opinions on each side. For instance, proponents of gun control generally believe that the widespread possession of guns can be dangerous. On another aspect, opponents argue that gun control cannot reduce gun damage, murder, or suicide. Nevertheless, some believe that gun control is a tool for protection for their rights and benefits and for totalitarian government repression that would infringe on individual freedom.

We must do everything in our power to prevent the tragedy from happening to increase our safety under gun control laws. In the article, Gun Violence Must Stop. Here’s What We Can Do to Prevent More Deaths, it stated, “Through a public health approach that focuses on drawing from evidence and addressing the factors that increase or decrease the risk of gun violence, particularly in communities that are disproportionately impacted, we can save lives,” it provides plenty of ideal thoughts to prevent gun violence. In conclusion, to reduce the risks related to guns, we should address the contributors to gun violence and the prevention infrastructure necessary to ensure effectiveness. This is including proposals related to new frontiers for research and practice, to ensure that we continue to learn and increase our impact over time, then innovate the better policy about gun control.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Gun Control by Danny is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Kathryn 1 week ago

Danny, your article is very well written, and I like that you present points of view from both sides of the issue. In the future, I think maybe expanding more on what has led people to have certain stances on this issue would be interesting to look at, as well as providing statistics on gun ownership and mass incidents.