According to Phil Donahue, “Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.” This is why many people are avoiding suicide. On the eve of the World Suicide Prevention Day on September 10, the World Health Organization said that the number of countries that have developed national suicide prevention strategies has increased in the five years since the World Health Organization released its first global report on suicide. The Director-General of WHO, Dr. Tedros Adnán Gebreessus, said: “Despite the progress, there are still people who commit suicide every 40 seconds.” High-income countries have the highest suicide rate; Two major causes of death. The global age-standardized suicide rate in 2016 was 10.5 per 100,000 people. However, suicide rates vary widely between countries, ranging from 5 suicides per 100,000 to more than 30 suicides per 100,000.

World suicides occur in low- and middle-income countries, with high-income countries having the highest suicide rate of 11.5 per 100,000 people. In high-income countries, the number of males who die of suicide is three times that of women, while those in low-income countries are half as high. And middle-income countries, the ratio is higher. Suicide is the second leading cause of death among young people aged 15-29. Among adolescents aged 15-19, suicide is the second leading cause of death for girls (after maternal) and the third leading cause of death for boys.

In the past 45 years, the global suicide rate has increased by 60%. Today, suicide is one of the top three causes of death in the 15-44 age group (male and female). The frequency of attempted suicide is 20 times that of suicide. Although the traditional suicide rate is the highest among older men, the suicide rate among young people has been increasing so that they are now the highest risk group in one-third of all countries. More than 90% of all suicide cases are associated with mental health conditions (especially depression and drug abuse). However, suicide is caused by many complex socio-cultural factors and is more likely to occur during periods of socioeconomic, family and personal crisis (eg, loss of loved ones, unemployment, sexual orientation, difficulties in identity, separation from the community or other societies). ) / Faith group, and take pride in it).

https://www.who.int/news-room/detail/09-09-2019-suicide-one-person-dies-every-40-seconds

https://www.befrienders.org/suicide-statistics

CC BY-SA 4.0 Why Do People Commit Suicide? by Yanna is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.