1. Hannah 2 days ago

Hi Peyton,
    I really enjoyed reading your post; I especially liked how you tied Chinese culture into American values. I agree that we as humans should become more educated on different cultures and the rights of their people. It was really eye opening to hear you talking about how women in china live their lives, “she can never hope to be anything more than a possible wife candidate for the husband her parents choose for her”. I feel very lucky to have my own rights as a woman to choose how I want to live. I think that you should continue to research more countries and women’s rights. This article by the un, https://www.un.org/en/sections/issues-depth/gender-equality/ , would be a great place to start. I really hope you continue to work on this topic. You are an excellent writer.

2. Thomas 3 days ago

Hello Peyton,
    I really liked how you somehow tied in Chinese culture into American values and problems. One sentence that really stood out was when you said that “An outside look can sometimes give you insight otherwise impossible to get.” I think this is insightful because people need to learn to see things through different lenses and need to know how it feels to walk in someone’s shoes. By viewing something in a different perspective gives you more detail and maybe, just maybe, will change your view on that from your previous views. Although your post is about women’s rights, the bigger picture you are getting at is viewing things from different lenses to get the bigger picture. By doing so, people might overcome their differences and come together. There are always two, or more, sides to every story.
    Thomas

3. Audrey 2 weeks ago

Hi Peyton,
    I like your post because you share and compare the roles women have had in American and Chinese households. I agree that we should see other countries’ culture and lifestyle so that we can see what women have done to gain equal rights around the world. Here is a link to a page about women’s rights in the Middle East and North Africa. https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/research/2018/12/rights-today-2018-middle-east-and-north-africa/ This shares more countries’ stories with women’s rights.
    Sincerely, Audrey

4. Wuyou 2 weeks ago

Hello Peyton,
    Sun Yat-sen, the interim president of the Republic of China, issued an order to persuade the foot-binding. on March 11th,1912. At that point, “foot-binding” is banned on the statute. Here is an article about it .http://fj.people.com.cn/n/2014/0311/c181466-20749898-2.html
    Wuyou Zhou

5. Jack 2 weeks ago

Womens rights have been a heated topic for a very long time. Today gender equality is better then it ever has been. I do not think that better is good enough. Society needs to push to the point where both genders are completely equal.
    Other countries have played a huge roll in womens rigths.