My name is Xander Whipple and I’m a student from Judge Memorial Catholic High School, and something that keeps me up at night is climate change and how much I know about it. I decided to take this class because I shadowed at Judge and the student I shadowed was taking the New Media class. After that it sounded interesting to me and I decided to take the class and see what it was all about. I wanted to learn more about journalism and video editing and that’s why I took the New Media class at Judge. 

I think I’m good at starting a conversation with people and making them feel comfortable to talk and not act nervous in an interview. I think that I’m easier to talk to than others, and I think I got this way by personal experience talking to others. I use these skills in journalism in the interviews to make a better interview that feels less tense when doing the interview. I could also use  this skill when asking to interview the particular person that I want to interview. 

Something that keeps me up at night is climate change and how it will affect the world in the future. One question I have is how is climate change going to affect the younger generations in the future of the world. My other question are more people going to stand up and try to stop climate change. I would want to interview people who are very popular and are wanting to help the world and stop climate change. I think I will be writing more about climate change and the effects of it. I also interviewed a science teacher from my school and heard his opinion on climate change.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Xander bio by Xander is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.