Hey, I’m Sam Oswald. I’m a Sophomore at Judge Memorial. I decided to join this journalism class because of my interest in reporting, writing, and film production. In my opinion, the most important role of journalism and reporting is to accurately report the truth as neutrally as possible. I personally feel that I have a good understanding of how to tell good stories. I believe that this skill may help me to produce accurate and intriguing news stories in both written and video form.

I was born into a family of responsible gun-owners, and I have always enjoyed hunting and target shooting. Because of this, the issue of gun control in America is a topic I am fascinated and very passionate about because the topic is such a controversial one that has so many different points of views and opinions.

If I were able to, I would want to interview the writers of the Second Amendment and inform them of how firearms and their uses have evolved over time to see how they would react and if they would change the amendment with the knowledge of the future.

I have already been able to interview a few fellow students for their opinions on guns, mass shootings, and how to stop them, whether it be through gun control, stronger school security, or by arming teachers. I am also planning on doing more extensive interviews with other gun-owning students at my school on the issues of mass shootings and gun control and their opinions.

CC BY-SA 4.0 {Insert Unique Title Here} by Sam is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.