Hi! My name is Joey Kaplan! I’m a 16 year old from Salt Lake City, Utah, and I go to Judge Memorial. This is my first year in journalism at my school and I am glad I took this class. I decided to be involved with Journalism at my school because I’m hoping to get a job in the entertainment industry later in life. I want to work in either the film or music sector and all the skills I’m learning right now will definitely help. I think being a movie director or producer would be my dream. I like to play guitar and piano, and I like listening to rock and jazz so I have a somewhat extensive knowledge of music

Personally, I think I’m pretty good at interviewing people and such. I have interviewed people in the past and I think I’m pretty good at creating questions and talking with people. I like filming interviews over B-roll because I get a better sense of passion about making the film.

A question that keeps me up at night would have to be; How things get invented? Literally anything. Like how was a bowling ball invented?  If I could interview anyone it would be a high schooler my age who is not talkative and somewhat mysterious. The quietest people are (sometimes) the most interesting people. I would ask these people I interviewed about their lives and any stories they have. I recently worked on creating a video about my schools upcoming musical and in the future I want to write about school start times and teen mental health.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Music or movies? by Joey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.