I said in my Quicklist that I like riding the subway, which I mostly do. I’m a native New Yorker and have almost always depended on the subway. However, my current job isn’t on any subway line, so I drive to and from work. I wish I didn’t have to, because parking and traffic are both nightmares and add a lot of stress to my life. 

I am aware that the quality of subway service has been worse lately, and I’ve experienced some of what people are complaining about: the service can be irregular, sometimes the cars are very dirty, and some people choose to be angry and uncivil in a crowded subway car. Nevertheless, I like riding, watching people, having a little time to read and mostly getting where I need to go quickly and without having to worry about parking, traffic or pollution.

CC BY-SA 4.0 I like the subway by Jessica is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.