Today, recycling is one of the best ways to conserve energy. Recycling is gathering a collection of old materials, and using them to make new materials or products. The point of the reduce, reuse, and recycle idea is to spread the message of the damage we are doing to the earth.

Recycling reduces the risks of global warming more then you might think. The production of recycled paper uses 65 percent less energy then paper production using raw materials, and reducing all energy sources, leads to less greenhouse emissions in our atmosphere overall. And it’s not just paper, its all recyclable materials that can cause these dangerous effects.

Society needs to be aware global warming, and what is causing it. It starts with recycling, simply being aware of the problem and doing what we can as people to help the environment, and spreading the information to other people to spread overall awareness publicly. Let’s save our planet!

CC BY-SA 4.0 Recycling and Global Warming by Matt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Tiffany 3 weeks ago

Hey Matt! It’s nice to see this post about recycling and global warming because I think that this is a very prevalent problem today. I totally agree with when you said “it starts with recycling, simply being aware of the problem…” When people are aware of a significant problem, they will be more likely to engage in activity to help solve that problem. I found out that teachers have witnessed the custodians at our school contaminating the recycling by throwing away the recycling and trash in the same bin. When I found out, I was quite shocked and knew that this was a problem that I want to remedy at my school. Where did you get that statistic from? I think that that would be quite useful for the recycling project that I’m doing.

2. asher 4 weeks ago

Hello Matt
    I think that this makes a solid statement showing the importance of recycling and how it positively impacts our planet.