Hi My name is Samil.   My family is very important to me. It is important to know that I am very shy.  I was born on November 13, 2002. Recently something familiar happened to me that I would not like to talk about now, I prefer to keep it to myself. Well, right now I want to be in my country, but I have to be here in the United States to have better opportunities and be someone in life in my country.  I don’t have the same possibilities that I have in the United States. I lived in the Dominican Republic where I was born and at this time I have been living in the Bronx New York for 2 years.

At school I like to be with my friend while I study. I am very good in classes when I concentrate on classes. I am a very good student but there are times when school stresses me.  For example, when every teacher gives me work every day. I like Gym. I also like lunch if I can talk to my friends without anyone taking my attention away. After school I work in a warehouse. For example, when a person calls to the warehouse to order, for example, a sandwich, I take it. Because I earn money without having to do the wrong thing, without having to attack a person, I like it because I earn money working.   

Many teenagers try alcohol, tobacco or drugs. Some teenagers test these substances only a few times and do not reuse them. Others cannot control their impulses or cravings for these substances. This is known as a substance abuse problem. Teens can try a number of substances, including cigarettes, alcohol, household chemicals (inhalants), prescription and over-the-counter medications, and illegal drugs. Teenagers use alcohol more than any other substance. Marijuana is the illegal drug that teenagers use most frequently.  

Most of this thing that is said in this paragraph happens in my community. I see many people lost in drugs and alcohol. In the school I studied, I met a friend who used drugs and when he did not have drugs he could not be calm in a place because the drug reached a point where he was already addicted.  I have a friend who has become addicted to the drugs we have at the same time in this country. I remember the day my friend used drugs. My friend can’t leave the world of drugs. I try to help him but he doesn’t listen to me. 

1. Kheriya 1 month ago

Dear Samil, I love how you elaborated on drug abuse in your post. I making this comment because this is something I do not play about I get very angry on topics like this. But this is a nice post and I love how you add details in your life in this post and share your story with us. I look forward to seeing your future posts!

2. Edwin 5 months ago

Dear samil
    I ‘am interested in your post because I like ur point of view and how u describe the problems that teenagers confront about drug abuse. I also see sometimes how some teenagers have problems and use these substances to get out of them for a short time.
    One thing you said that stands out for me is: “Others cannot control their impulses or cravings for these substances.” I think this is true however we don’t know the situation or problems that a person is going through that causes them to make the decision to start abusing drugs.These people just think about getting from the problems for a few hours. What people don’t know is that the using of drug is just causing more problems.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to one of my friends.He used to own a lot of money to a dangerous person that has a lot of control. Due to this problem he hid and began to take refuge in drugs to forget about his problem made him addicted.

Thanks for your project. I look forward to seeing what you write next because good to know about the drug abuse and deal with people who are addicted.

3. Oscar 5 months ago

hola Samil, me gusto mucho tu ensayo porque hablas sobre lo que pasa en el Bronx. Buena Pibe.