How can we prevent teenagers from vaping? That is a great question that many parents are trying to figure out. There are ways we can help prevent teens from vaping through advertisements, education, information , flyers, and getting rid of the flavored vapes. One thing that might help prevent people from vaping is if they do not have flavors, because they will be less appealing to kids. An article about San Antonio banning vapes brought up many pros and cons about banning flavored vapes. One of the cons was that many people will lose their jobs, but the question is do the pros outweigh the cons. The pros are that it will help teens stop vaping, which will stop the long term negative effects of vaping and e-cigarettes. So in this case the pros do outweigh the cons, hence that is a great step to stop teenagers from vaping.  

More information about vaping is that e-cigarettes are just as addicting as normal cigarettes. Many vape companies advertise them as a good way to stop or less harmful. “They are also harmful to your health, even though they are better than normal cigarettes. Chronic nicotine exposure may lead to insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes, although this risk may be offset by the well-known appetite suppressant effects of nicotine.” This shows that they are not as effective as they are said to be. A study came out that showed many people who tried to quit, continued to smoke both electric and normal cigarette, but also get these negative effects as well. A big problem we have today is that the next generation has become addicted to e-cigarettes, which has led to many nicotine addictions. 

In my personal opinion, the best way to prevent teenagers from vaping is through education. I believe that if people know how bad it is for you, then they will stop or be much more likely to stop. For instance, I bet many people did not know that metal particles are found in vapes, Which will end up in your lungs. Those are aluminum, tin, and nickel. Not only that, but vaping can give you popcorn lung, which is also known as bronchiolitis obliterans. As said on medical news today it is an, “Outbreak of a severe lung disease associated with e-cigarettes and other vaping products.” This is a condition that damages your lungs and causes shortness of breath, because it damages the bronchioles which are the lungs smallest airways. Overtime this causes scarring and narrowing in the airways lung tissues. That is just one of the many ways vaping can ruin your lungs and your future, which is why the next generation needs to stop vaping. 

By: Emily Malouf

CC BY-SA 4.0 Vaping is a No No! by Emily is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Gedeon 1 week ago

Great article. I think you did a great job conveying your point. But you should try to emphasize on steps that have already been taken in order to solve the problem. I have a link to an article that might be helpful in finding steps that have been taken.

https://time.com/5685936/state-vaping-bans/