Stephen E. Wright wrote an article on how gun control laws will not save lives. In the argument, he claims that we should not limit gun purchases. Limiting an individual to one gun purchase a month will reduce the trafficking in guns to criminals that are being sold on the black market. If the law where to be made it would affect a small percent of the illegal gun market. He also says it would create unnecessary bureaucracy because 12 guns a year (1 purchased each month) is enough to satisfy a shooter. 

On the other hand, Daniel D. Polsby argues that laws would indeed reduce crime. He claims that by having fewer guns out/ available there will potentially be less crime. Daniel explains how when comparing a city like New York City to one like London, the rate in terms of lethal outcomes shows how the city in the US is far more deadly than that of another country. He also states that prohibition, though many are skeptics of the subject, will get rid or reduce the number of guns available and with laws in place where anyone who penalizes it will deal with the consequences. 

Although many people believe that gun control laws are adding an unnecessary amount of regulation, I strongly agree with Daniel that there are standards as a country we need to meet and that by adding laws on guns, we are closer to reaching them. Guns have become a mainstream issue in this society and the problem needs to be dealt with.

https://www.humbleisd.net/cms/lib2/TX01001414/Centricity/Domain/3695/Laws%20will%20not%20save%20lives.pdf

https://go.gale.com/ps/i.do?p=OVIC&u=onlinelibrary&id=GALE|CX3403000134&v=2.1&it=r&sid=OVIC&asid=afa5ff13.%20Accessed%2024%20Oct.%202019.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Laws or No Laws? by Ronata is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.