Hi! I’m a sophomore at Judge Memorial Catholic High School. I decided to become a journalist because I want to have a better understanding of how to use a camera as I’m not familiar with the controls of the camera and how to properly use it to get the best out of it. I also wanted to further my knowledge in the use of Adobe products. The most important thing to know about me as a Journalist is that I love editing videos. Editing is probably my favorite part of the job, that’s because you get add your own pizzaz to whatever project your working on, it also gives you the opportunity to fix any mistakes in your project and perfect it. 

In Journalism, my best skills are editing, such as adobe premiere pro, and photoshop. I’ve come a long way from learning how to use editing software. When I first started using premiere, I was very confused as to where I should go for tools, how to make clean edits, how to add special effects, it was difficult. But after a few weeks of practice, I really started to see my skills shine. Now I will admit, I still have more to learn when it comes to adobe products, but I think where I am right now is a great spot to be as I am more accustomed to controls and features I previously did not know. I am currently working on a video of our FRC (FIRST Robotics Competition) Team 5933 on their trip to visiting the Attorney General of Utah.

A question I’ve always had is why are people so interested in horror movies? I’ve never quite understood why people would be interested in watching a horror movie only to be scared to sleep the following night. And of course, what keeps me up at night is watching a horror movie. This is because after I watch the horror movie, I usually can’t stop replaying the scariest scene in the movie, or because I can’t stop thinking of the monster of the film. If I had to interview anyone I would be Chadwick Boseman as a lot of people I know have said we look alike. Questions I would ask him are how did he get to where he is today? What encouraged him to become an actor? Why did he want to become the Black Panther? I’m a very spontaneous person, any topic I am given I would love to work on!

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Journalist Bio by Dylan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.