I am a 10th grade student at Judge Memorial Catholic High School. What’s important to me as a journalist as that we  have a voice to speak up about topics that people don’t normally think about in their everyday lives. I decided to be a journalist because I was invited to join the Journalism class after my performance in the Poetry Out Loud competition last year. Dr. Sloan, our teacher, just kind of reached out to me and was like “I think you’d enjoy my class” and so I kind of looked at what the class was about and was intrigued and so I joined. 

I think that I am particularly good at asking questions. I gained this skill because I need help with assignments in school all the time. This skill helps me with my journalism because I am really good at coming up with questions for my interviews with different people around the school about different topics.

If I could interview anyone, I would probably interview the type of person that has an intriguing story and has the same interests as me. I am interested in role-playing games(RPGs), especially Dungeons & Dragons and have already written one story about this type of game. I would probably interview that person about what educational value games like D&D have. I would probably ask them about why they started playing the game and what skills it has helped them develop in real life. In the future, I might write more stories about role-playing games, maybe a couple of media reviews of movies and other media like that, and stories about broader topics in our country like climate change and gun control.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Journalist Bio by Paul is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.