Journalist for Bulldog Press

I am a senior at Judge Memorial. I was involved in sports from the advent of my high school career. Later on, I joined the environmental and interact club. I even participated in local and international service outside of school. And though I never joined any groups, I was always interested in photography. My mother is a personal photographer. Though she mainly took photos and videos for her pleasure expanded towards creating movies, sideshows, and prints for family and friends on special occasions. I just recently produced a film for my high school tennis banquet. She encouraged me to join the introduction to photography course at school. I was eager to learn more about photos. After the session, I enrolled in New Media.
So far, I love the course. Journalism has taught me how to apply my experience using cameras for telling a story. I never considered myself good at writing, nor do I find myself skilled in film, but I think journalism could allow me to exercise my creativity in new and exciting ways. And while I am still learning the tricks of the trade and as I watch my peers work, I have noticed that diverse skills, ideas, and perspectives are all crucial in producing quality work in journalism.
Immediately after I had filmed my first interview, I turned to one of my classmates and exclaimed, “I want to interview the whole school now.”

CC BY-SA 4.0 Emma by Emma is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.