Over the past week, I had an argument with a block headed, stubborn, close-minded, pizza fanatic. Rather loud for their size, I found myself in a shouting match with them about why pineapple on pizza is one of the greatest human achievements in the past century. Initially a pineapple skeptic myself, I was eventually converted once that delicious fruit hit my mouth with tomato sauce and cheese. Pineapple on pizza is delicious, and here’s why. The tart fruitiness of the pineapple adds a delicious contrast to the saltiness of the pizza. Sweet and salty is one of the most iconic duos in the history of the world. PB & J, salted caramel, cheese on crackers, it goes on and on. Pineapple on pizza perfects this duo on pizza, creating a beautiful masterpiece that balances the harsh saltiness of the cheese and flatbread with the sweetness of the pineapple. It adds an amazing pop to an already delicious food. It also has many health benefits, from Vitamin C to to fiber. Lastly, adding pineapples gives us the excuse that we are eating healthy while eating pizza. For the love of all that is good, stop swallowing up that Stromboli , and eat some pineapple Maxwell.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Pineapples on Pizza: The Epitome of Human Morality by Michael is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.