This Shadow Box illustrates my identities. On the outside I added Dominant Narratives about me.  I added a blunt because a person who doesn’t know much of me would think I am puffing on it. I also have a gun on the outside because of the stereotypes that Latino men and young men from Oakland are violent and that is not true. Inside, I’ve also added a wall because people could assume I want to go over, like immigrant stereotypes, it but I’m going to go through it and break these stereotypes to be successful.This shadow box represents me as a person who is overcoming what other people would assume. I have chosen to include 510 because it is the area code of Oakland and I identify as a resident of Oakland and I am proud of that. 

CC BY-SA 4.0 My shadow box by Christopher is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.