In the last decade, mental illness cases have been on the rise in every setting. With growing concern for mental health, workplaces are working to create healthier, safer, and productive policies for their employees. Medical professions, therapists, employers among other professionals have addressed the call to action and have discussed possible and efficient solutions. Enviable, mental illnesses will arise, but the issue is that workplaces are approaching poor mental health in their employees using destructive means that perpetuate existing problems. The central focus for improving healthy workplace environments is human resources, insurance, policies, corporate medicine, health promotion and education, work incentive, and social dynamic available to employees currently. We can all argue that workplaces should protect and promote wellness, safety, and happiness without sacrificing performance and social connection. Corporations have acknowledged that people are feeling less valued, which is leading to unhappiness and mental illnesses. For the sake of public health, this problem must be discussed and addressed.

CC BY-SA 4.0 workplace environments negatively impacting the mental health of employees by Emma is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.