Who am I? I am a Cisgender Male my name is Wilbert Bernal Reyes, I am named after my dad and Reyes stands for “king.” I want to honor my ancestors: Herencia. I want to honor the power and roots of my family I want to honor their struggles and success. I honor their power by being proudly Mexican. And I honor their struggles by being proudly from Oakland. 

One part of my personality it being Ethnically Mexican and this is an assigned identity. It affects me because people think I’m an immigrant and they also think that I eat only Mexican food. They might also think that I should get deported because I’m not from the United States I’m from Mexico that’s what they think but I’m going to prove them wrong. My Nationality is both I have my papers so I am legal. They should not think that about racially Latino people cause the person that thinks that might get proven wrong by the Latin person.

Another part of my personality is being from the Dubs. It affects me because they think that I’m dangerous and that I have a dumb behavior because I’m from Oakland and from the murder dubs. Also, I like being from Oakland cause I was raised here and I don’t care what people say I’m going to prove them wrong Oakland can be dangerous at one point but Oakland can also be safe and other points. So people not from Oakland should stop hating on us just because they are not from here. We do not deserve the disrespect Therefore, I am proud of being Mexican and being from Oakland. The main reason for being Mexican is I love being an immigrant. The other reason is I like being from Oakland cause I was raised here. 

CC BY-SA 4.0 The King by Wilbert is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.