I am the ferry. I go to Manhattan because it is my job everyday, because I have to take people to work on time.  I am beautiful because people feel comfortable and satisfied because they arrive faster than the train. Watching the landscape, the sunset, sky, I think I am the happiest ferry that exists because the people on board feel good and they arrive safely at their destination. When it rains, people cannot enjoy the beauty of nature.  I am a means of transport so that people arrive on time to their jobs every day. The rocks are like my protectors and my security because they tell me where I have to go.

Rocks by the river

stones water skies bridges airplanes nature in one place
is all I need to meditate I look at the sky and I start to meditate 
I start thinking about my future 
ask God for another day of life and take care 
of those who are no longer with me
they are in the sky birds I think the stars are them 
and they left a deep pain in my heart this place 
is not only a park but for me it means peace and tranquility
where I feel myself I forget the problems for a while

1. Pa Houa 1 month ago

I love how you used creative writing to describe your photo. It is a wonderful tactic to used and obvious it works really well with your photo. I agree that it is a beautiful neighborhood. I can’t imagine waking up to and sleeping to that view every day/night!

2. Edwin 9 months ago

Dear Joshua,

I really like how u express your point of view in this writing.

I like u put urself in the place of the ferry as if the ferry was writing.

I like that u took the picture in the night that makes the photo deeper.

3. Oscar 10 months ago

Mi bro metiendo mano Honduras en la casa papà???

4. Samil 10 months ago

i like you poem

5. Renee 10 months ago

HI Joshua,

I love your poem about the ferry and the river!

Renée