My name is Murphy Fisher and I am a junior at JH Rose High School in Greenville, NC. I chose to be in journalism because I have always enjoyed writing and wanted to pursue it through taking journalism. Journalism offers such a wide variety of skills that I believe it will be beneficial in any career I choose. At my school, I enjoy writing mainly sports or news stories, and I am currently a sports editor.
In journalism, communication is very important, and I think that this is one of my strengths. Through journalism, I have grown in this area as I am always expected to be in constant communication with my co-editors-in-chief or inform and help the staff writers in my section. Communication is important in journalism as it helps clarify any questions I may have which reduces the potential for error in stories. Along with this, communication can help increase efficiency. In journalism, we strive to increase communication by having meetings at the beginning of every class period to discuss the needs of each section.
As a writer, I have always wanted to pursue topics more to my interest. As a sports editor, I have been writing stories on current events such as new coaches or new sports programs at Rose. When writing, I always try to focus on the more human interest side of a story, to make it more appealing to the public. If I were not writing in sports, I would also enjoy entertainment writing and doing music reviews. I think an ideal interviewee for this would be the actual artist of the album.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Who am I? by Murphy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.