My name is Emma Combs. I am new to journalism and I am trying to get better at writing. I decided to be a journalist because I want to be successful at writing. 

I am talkative so asking questions comes smoothly to me and I feel like people open up to me during interviews so I can get more information. I use that skill in order to get people to open up.

If I could interview anyone I would interview a celebrity. I would ask about their life and what all they do for fun. I hope to be assigned a different section of the newspaper to get to write about different things. 

CC BY-SA 4.0 Welcome to my life by Emma is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Stockton 1 month ago

Dear Emma Combs:

I am excited about your post, “Welcome to my life,” because it seems very interesting. I like to read about peoples live.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “If I could interview anyone I would interview a celebrity.” I think this is great because I like famous people too. And I would love to see one.

Another sentence that I liked was: “I am talkative so asking questions comes smoothly to me and I feel like people open up to me during interviews so I can get more information.” This stood out for me because This is very good skill to have.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. Once, I was interviewing a person who I thought would be a good interview. This guy was not.
    No matter what I said his answers were so bland. I wish I had this skill.

Thanks for your writing.

I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you are a very interesting writer and person. I hope you find your place because I would love to read more.

2. Emma 2 months ago

oops
    Dear Emma Combs,

I am eager about your post, “Welcome to my life” because i am interested in your life and your journalism career. I am happy to see that you like journalism so far.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “If I could interview anyone I would interview a celebrity.” I think this cool because I would also love to interview celebrities. I have this connection with you about this topic.

Another sentence I liked was: “I hope to be assigned to a different part of the newspaper to get to write about different things.” This stood out to me because I like how you are open to new things.

Your post reminds me of when I started journalism. I was hopeless and needed a place to fit. Thankfully, I found a place in news and hope you find your place too!

Thanks for writing.

I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I would like to see you try different types of writing and find the type you love. I also hope you love your new style like I love news and that you feel in place there.