My name is Emmie Brooks, I am 16 years old and I am a Co-News Editor for JH Rose high school’s Rampant Lines. I have written for four different sections including Features, Entertainment, Opinion and News. This is my first year as an editor and it has been a bit challenging learning how to work Indesign and how to format pages but I have learned a lot and gained general knowledge about journalism. I decided to join journalism because I knew I enjoyed writing and  wanted to learn more about it. I have learned different styles of writing through this class and have gained many skills I didn’t have before.

One skill I have learned is how to use different styles of writing for different sections. Each section requires different things or has certain limitations to it’s writing. I have learned these skills by writing for so many different sections. It has taught me how to become more open to each style. 

One burning question I have is what my parent’s high school life consisted of. If I could interview anyone about anything I would interview my parent’s high school classmates and teachers about what they were like when they were my age. I am interested in this because I know what they are like now but I would like to know what they were like before I was born. In the future, I see myself writing about things such as daily news or events taking place around my community. 

CC BY-SA 4.0 Emmie’s life by Emory is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.