The objects one sees in this shadow box is what represents me as a person and the truth about me. When people see me they think that I am an immigrant or I don’t belong in the USA just because I’m a Mexican. But, I’m not just Mexican I am Mexican American I try to make others understand that I’m a good kid and not to think negative thoughts about me or my people. I feel like being Mexican is the best thing about my life that’s why I’m so proud to be Mexican. And that leads to me being a soccer player because Mexico has one of the best soccer teams in the world. The more the Mexico soccer team wins the more it makes me happy and want to be as good as them. Ever since I was a little kid, I dreamed to become the best soccer player and making my parents proud in the future. I want to show them that I can become the person I wanted to be ever since I was a child and still to this day I’m chasing my dream of becoming the best in the world. 

CC BY-SA 4.0 Truth about me by Efan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Dominik 2 months ago

Dear Efan,
    I am Enlightened by your photograph because its cool how you used photos in your shadow box which was a good thing to do. Another thing you used was a case of airpods which shows you like to listen to music. Your Mexican flag will show your with you being Mexican.

2. Jesus 2 months ago

Dear Efan, I am joyful by your letter because it really explains a lot about who you are and about the person that you choose to be. It also shows how you like to play soccer and you try your best to let people know that mexicans are not bad people. Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next I will comeback because your writing tells a really strong story.

3. Omar 2 months ago

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is, “I feel like being Mexican is the best thing about my life that’s why I’m so proud to be Mexican.” This sentence stood out to me because I am also proud of being Mexican. Many people think that being mexican is weakness but its actually a strength.