The objects in this Shadow Box represent Dominant Narratives. When people see me they see a drug dealer, alcoholic, and fugitive. While these Dominant Narratives may be seen everywhere on people It’s not true. I chose these objects in my Shadow box because It represents all of my Counter Narratives of who I am. My Skateboard, Legos, and Pokemon card says that I am very unique person. My Race is Mexican/American which means that I’m a bilingual person.  Some Dominant narratives people see me as is that I could have more power than others. My gender identity is a male which people see that males have more amount of power than a woman. Many people see that my skin is White which in their perspective they believe that White people have more power and money than others. Many of these objects represent some of my struggles but also growth and these are some counter narratives I would share in my Shadow box.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Roberto shadow box by Robert is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.