This Shadow Box represents who I am truely, and most of my dominant narratives on the outside. I see myself as a young and independent woman and for sure I don’t think other people see me like that. In my shadow box, I decided to include flowers, two pictures of me and my parents and money from Guatemala, those objects are really important to me because each of them represents who I am. My shadow box might not be perfect but it’s okay because my identities are not perfect at all. People may assume that I am just a cis gender woman who will become nothing in life and I am going to prove the people wrong, and work strong to become who I truely want to be. My gender expression is my chosen identity because I choose to express myself in certain ways and expressing myself as a woman brings up my dominant narratives. But I know my true identities and that’s all that matters, my chosen identities speak louder than the assumptions and assigned identities people make. 

CC BY-SA 4.0 Jimena’s Shadow Box by Jimena is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.