There are many online sources that describe the DACA program and give examples and possibilities of the future of the nation without this program. DACA is deferred action for childhood arrivals, and basically allows people who were brought to the US illegally to work and live in the US under protection from deportation. This is important because it benefits nearly 800,000 individuals in the workforce and in higher education. The main idea in both of these sources is that the repellation of this program would negatively impact the lives of all those who benefit from it, as well as the economy and the nation as a whole. 

Losing all the beneficiaries of DACA from the workforce would result in losses of billions of dollars in tax revenue for the federal government as well as a decline in the general economy. The other argument is that it would be immoral to deport or place under risk of deportation, nearly 800,000 individuals who despite having been born in a different country have only known the US for the majority of their lives. The majority of the “Dreamers” as they are called, were brought to the US as children, and had no say in what their parents decided was the best option. It is also important to consider that many Latin American families flee their homes due to economic instability, poverty, and gang violence and danger.