By: Jose Cordova

The objects in this Shadow Box represents myself as a human. When people look at me they think that I’m Mexican but I’m not or people see me as a young boy with black hair and brown eyes. While my Chosen identity is to love sports and love my country to work hard, to love sports, I like to play video games. I choose to include in my shadow box those are my favorite subjects to do when I ́m not doing anything at home. My including subjects that I put in my shadow box I put a Barcelona logo also some baby pictures when I was a little kid what I like and what represents me as an Oakland kid and this explain my chosen Identity. That’s how I want people to look at me. I choose to put a Counter and Dominant Narrative are on the outside and on the inside there is the counter narrative. Although there are many strugles im still going to be successful by just being me.

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Shadow Box by Jose is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.