My name is Christian and I am from the Bronx. I have 2 brothers and sisters that live in Queens. We aren’t as close as we used to be. I live with my mom and aunt. I like to play many different sports like football and basketball. I hope one day I can make it to the NBA or NFL.  Both of those have been a dream of my for a long time. I am 17 years old and was born in April. In middle school I used to be into video games like crazy. I used to play for money and tournaments. I stopped because I almost died in 2014.

Some of my favorite subjects to learn about in school are history and math. I also like to play all types of sports. Art is something I hope to get better at. History is a subject I am very good at and can’t wait to learn more about . Out of school I like to take trips in the city and eat a lot of ice cream. Also I get out to see many NBA games.

I feel safe in my community for many reasons. One may be that I know everybody in my neighborhood. No crimes really happen in my surroundings and there are no gang activities. My community is really small and everyone has pretty much lived there for 10-plus years. The skate park is a place where a lot of friends meet up and just chill. Stores around my house know me and my family. And some people feel like they have to protect me because of my family. 

CC BY-SA 4.0 Football, Basketball, Video Games by Christian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Christopher 5 days ago

Hey Christian, its an interesting goal you have to be in the NFL or NBA as its very hard to get into a thing but im wishing ya luck if you continue to play sports.Its cool that you’re trying to get better at art, I do art myself traditional and digital. A tip I wanna give you about art and is that keep practicing even though the drawing or painting looks bad or even when you feel like quitting. promise that each bad piece you think you make is always a learning experience. no matter what you keep practicing and trying cause you will improve, it isn’t noticeable till you give it time then you’ll see the hard work and time has improve you a little bit. oh and please dont strain yourself onto video games much if ya wanna live. good luck and hope ya really improve your art skills.

2. Farah 6 days ago

hi Christian, I have a lot in common with you. I feel safe in my community too and I also love video games so much. I also love math and it has been my favorite subject even since first grade. I am also 17 years old and live in Michigan. If you believe in yourself and work the hardest you can, then you can achieve that dream and make it to the NBA or NFL. Good luck:)

3. Cooper 3 weeks ago

Hey Christian, I liked that you feel safe in your community and love how close knit it seems. Also, it might be sensitive for you to talk about, but I would like to know what happened in 2014 that almost caused you to die.

4. Brendon 3 weeks ago

Hey Christian, I’m from Michigan and have a lot in common with you. I love videogames and sports too. I don’t have as much time to play video games anymore because of school and other commitments. I still love sports however and play them often. My favorite is basketball and I love the NBA like you do. I’ve only ever been to two NBA games, so I think it’s cool that you said you see many. What’s your favorite NBA team?