By: Yamilex Martinez

My Identity 

This shadow box represents my autoethnography. it contains different objects from Guadalajara Jalisco Mexico and Puebla Mexico and all over Mexico and my parents and two of my sisters were born there. There are two  pictures: 1 being my family, my parents and siblings and nephews and niece and the other picture is my family that already passed away to a better life where there’s more peace and where they’ll be more happy. I also included a mini bottle of tequila because there a city in Mexico named Tequila city. It’s a small city full of joy and laughter. There is also a mini pot in Mexico and also sometimes here in California Moms or Grandmothers make Frijoles, mole, caldo de pollo , or maybe just some rice. This blue CANTARITO represents a cup that a lot of people use for champurrado or Arroz con Leche. This Jara is a water jar that a lot of people in their houses they have for water or a fresh drink some people in America do not really use them as much. Picture number two has my entire family I love my family, especially my big sisters and niece because we are close and I love my big sisters and niece, I also love my brothers even tho my oldest brother i haven´t seen him in some time its all G because i will always have him with me in heart and in thought.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Yamilex´s shadowbox by Maribel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.