The objects in my shadow box really represent a lot about me and my nationality and race. This also shows a lot of my chosen identities like i’m a big fan of soccer and basketball so I put my favorite teams in both sports. I also put a copy of Mario Kart 7 because growing up that was the game I loved the most I would play it anytime I could. I also showed some of my assigned identities like me being from Guatemala is very important to me because that’s where my blood comes from and I feel like I should embrace that. Being from Guatemala is really amazing but it’s really challenging because people don’t expect anything from me anything I’m useless. I put a medal in the box because I got 2nd place in a soccer tournament and that really inspires me to win a 1st place medal in soccer. I also put a teddy bear in here because I am very injury prone I have had 3

CC BY-SA 4.0 Whats inside the box? by Douglas is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.