In my shadow box all the objects have my identities because they have my assigned identities as well as a chosen identity. I added paper to the box and tried to make it even. I added red white and green paper to represent the Mexican flag. I did this to represent where I come from that was important to me because it also shows who I am. I added a male symbol by bending pipe cleaners because at birth my sex was male and I identify myself as male. I needed to add this because that is one of my assigned identity because I was born being a male. Next came one of my favorite identities being a gamer I loved how I showed my identity as a gamer because i was able to decorate my box with legos from Lego Dimensions at the bottom of my box I added all my trendy Pokemon cards and lastly I added an amiibo figure from Super Smash Bros. This shadow box represents me as a whole person.  

1. Kayla 8 months ago

Hi! I’m a student at SJSU and I wanted to let you know that I think your shadow box is phenomenal. I like the way it expresses who you are, where you come from, and what your interest are. It gives me great joy knowing that you are proud of who are you are and what you like to do because that is very important in life and I wish I had that sense of pride when I was your age. Great job again and have a great school year! 🙂

2. Siena 8 months ago

I appreciate how you represented where you are from and made that the background of your box. I also have a Mexican background, and it is important to be proud of where you are from. It shows respect to your ancestors and family members. and “I needed to add this because that is one of my assigned identity because I was born being a male.” I think it was important that you added this because gender really shows who you are a person. Why do you love to show your identity as a gamer? Your box was very fun and creative to see. Remember to always stick up for your background and what you believe in!