Fernanda Barreto-Sanchez 9th Grade
Art statements 
In my shadow box there are 10 objects inside that represent counter narratives the real me and on the outside of my box there are the dominant narratives (the stereotypes about me). When people look at me, they assume that I’m Mexican because of my assigned identity the way I look. In reality I’m from Ecuador and Guatemala that’s what the two flags represent inside my shadow box. I chose the color blue inside my shadow box because blue means freedom to me. And I’m a free spirited person. I put an airplane because it represents that I like to travel. The picture of my family means that I love them and all my sisters. I hope that look at my shadow box you learn my truths.
Fernanda Barreto-Sanchez – Shadow Box Artist StatementGoogle Docs

CC BY-SA 4.0 Shadow Box by Fernanda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.